This past weekend was really good in terms of development time. It was raining most of the weekend so I had a good reason to stay indoors in front of the computer. The first draft of the exterior level is done and I have started populating NPCs and dialogue associated with them. There is still work to be done on texturing and props (and the sky - trying to get a twilight feel but I am just not able to get the color right!) but for the most part, I am satisfied with how this has turned out.
This area requires 2 cut-scenes, one of them a fairly complex one so the next task at hand is to learn how to do those but that will come later.
The priority for this week is to finish up as much scripting work as possible for Arms and Armor (AAA). When I was writing up the story for Blood and Lyrium, I decided to pitch in and help Ambaryerno with his mod. AAA will have more realistic weapon models, new weapon types and associated talents and in general, will add more variety to the existing weaponry in Dragon Age. Since I plan to implement new weapons and talents for my mod too, this will be a good learning experience (and I have to worry only about the scripting front on the AAA mod!)