Talent Coding - tougher than I thought it would be  

I don't have any substantial progress to update here - vacation here has been truly a vacation and most of the time I had planned to spend modding has been spent playing snooker with my friends. I am working on the talent scripts as and when I can and while coding them, I realized how some of them can appear so simple in conceptualization but extremely hard to code. One example is the new Phantom Strike ability where the dreamweaver can disappear from the waking world and materialize behind the target to deal a devastating blow to the surprised target. Getting the location and setting the facing, etc is not a problem - but determining whether the nearest safe location is actually near the target is another problem altogether.

Anyway, the short update is that I am working on the talents as and when I can - the last few days of my vacation are drawing near and the evenings are going to be definitely longer than usual. Let's see what can be done. 

0 comments

Post a Comment