Week of Deadly Calm  

For those familiar with HoMM 5, you'll know what this means. A week when nothing really happens. I have been sick for the past few days and have hardly been up - I didn't mind it for the first couple of days since it was a welcome break from work but boredom slipped in pretty soon. It's difficult being lazy and doing nothing!

I played around a bit with the lighting to get it right for the interiors - still a problem; the exteriors look a lot better.



I did manage to finish most of the conversations required for the first act. Now, to put them all together and make sure the stuff works properly. The coming long weekend should give enough time to finish up Act 1 and move on to the next stage.

2 comments

  • AmstradHero  

    May 30, 2010 at 3:26 AM

    That's a nice looking forest. A fair amount of trees and vegetation and some nice golden fog. I'm not sure what conditions would produce that type of lighting, perhaps some bright morning sunshine filtered through a light mist? Regardless, it certainly looks pretty!

  • Timelord  

    June 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM

    Thanks for the comment (and congrats on the first comment on my blog :) )

    The lighting is still a work in progress in this level. I was essentially shooting for a morning mist kind of lighting but it turned out more surreal than I wished for. The plan is to tone down the golden fog a bit and re-render it.

Post a Comment