Back to writing dialogue  

I've been really focused the past couple of days - writing lots and lots of dialogue. Some introductory ones to the different areas were finalized but I've taken care to make each one of these expositions distinct. No walking up to the know-it-all inn-keeper and getting all the information from him. Since most of these will involve some animations at least while transitioning in and out of dialogue, the next step is cutscene work, which I'm not too thrilled about since that is one area I'm not really good at.

I've also been adding 'bark' nodes to the existing dialogues so that the NPCs have something to say when none of the other conditions are met - like between the nodes where a quest is given and the one where the quest is complete. Or even as simple as having different nodes during different stages of the main plot and having something to say when that particular conversation option for that stage is exhausted.

Next step is to work on the cutscenes and finish that monumental task. To realize the goal of releasing an alpha of the first few areas by the end of October, I will have to create about 5 cutscenes and at least 3 of those are fairly intricate ones (for me!). I hope to finish up at least a couple of them this weekend but that is after I complete the work required from my side for Craggy Island. That involves just a few minor scripts but that's holding up the development of the next stage for CI so best to get it out so Daeltaja can continue working on it. We'll see how the weekend goes...

0 comments

Post a Comment