Level Completion Process  

As part of the Community Contests initiative, I had submitted a level for the Settlement Contest. One of the comments reported by the judges was that terrain collision was not properly built (in all those sloping areas). That was something I had definitely planned to do - I could walk all over the place! - but I forgot. Yesterday, I was testing one of the night versions of my levels and forgot to build the collision for the water planes in that level. Sigh!

So, I decided to put together a list of things to do before calling each level complete. I've gone through the level editor and through my level building process and compiled this list. If I've missed anything, let me know - this is going up behind my monitor as a sticky and will be my level processing mantra from now on :)

If an exterior level,

  • Build Terrain Collision where needed
If exterior level and has water,
  • Auto-tessellate water planes
  • Generate water collision geometry for all water nodes
If an interior level,
  • Make sure Room Properties are set for each room
Make sure Single Player module is active
  • Render Lightmaps
  • Render Light Probe
  • Place Start Point after naming the exportable area - if name is changed, delete and place Start Point again 
  • Clear out the SpeedTreePackage Temp folder [for some reason, I've had the billboard tree issue only when there are files here - deleting these files and posting trees again always gives me good trees]
  • Do All Local Posts
Have I missed any other steps?

0 comments

Post a Comment